This is your year, 2016 has arrived and it’s time to start working out the details of your wedding. This is where you have the opportunity to express yourself and your fiance’s personal style, and put together the day you have always wanted. At Seven-Degrees, we believe that each wedding is unique, and your personal style will make your dream day your own.
It can be hard to know where to start, but there are wedding trends in 2016 that a couple can adapt and make unique. From table settings to dresses, this guide will give you a peak in what we expect to be the most beautiful trends of the year.
- Flowers– Buying seasonal flowers guarantees it will go with whatever time of year you set your date and gives off that bohemian wildflower look. Not to mention, buying in-season can be a great money saver! The Seven-Degrees team also says, “All white combinations. Simple, elegant and clean. Neutrals with dense greenery, and succulents.”
- Metallic Tones–Little touches of glimmer can really brighten up the party. We loved the way Kelli and Peter did it for their wedding.
- Food– Hiring popular food trucks like the Mobile Margarita Bar, Soho Tacos, and the In-N-Out food truck are how the 2016 happy couple is finding ways to keep the evening interesting.
- Photography–Using things like social media hashtags for extra photo coverage, photo, and video booths, and polaroid guest books, allow guests to participate as more than just witnesses. “Couples are making their weddings a more personal experience for their guests. They aren’t going with the traditional timelines and flow of the day. Our couples are including guests by adding special nods to their history with them, whether it’s a significant slideshow or photo montages including their guests leading up to their wedding day, or personalized escort cards with notes about what they have meant to them over the years.”
- THE Dress– Lace is back and beautiful as ever for wedding dresses. Our own Tabatha expects the dress trend to keep shifting away from conventional dresses, and more towards what the bride feels beautiful in like two piece dresses and long sleeves. “…The lace sweetheart neckline seems to be fading away. I’m seeing a lot more appliqué and detailed dresses. Brides are becoming braver and thinking outside of the box for their big day. Instead of worrying about fads or trends fading, they embrace what they feel best in!”
- Bridesmaid Dresses– For Tabatha, there’s no question about it, “The mix & match bridal party dresses are here to stay.”
We also asked around to see what themes the rest of the team thought would be surfacing this year. Here are some of our favorites:
- Minimal, modern, and classic.
- More moody color palettes.
- Modern style wedding–intense pops of color, sleek lines, dramatic uplighting. Everything Seven-Degrees offers!
- Dessert bars rather than formal wedding cakes and “naked cakes”
Ready to create your dream wedding? Contact us for a tour or a quote.